When you’ve experienced a home fire, even if it’s a minor one, it can be difficult to work through all of the emotions and the thoughts running through your mind. You have more questions than answers during a crisis like this. Once your family and pets have been cared for and attended to, it’s time to begin the process of fire damage cleanup. Zona Restoration has provided this house fire checklist to bring you closer to your recovery. as well as a newly restored home.
House Fire Checklist
- Contact family members and friends to make them aware of the accident and to let them know you are safe.
- Before you enter your home, you need permission from your local Fire Department.
- Contact all your utility providers – electric, gas, water – to inform them of the fire.
- Call your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance company to begin the insurance claim process.
- Contact a fire restoration company, like Zona Restoration, to begin immediate fire damage repairs.
- Get a copy of the fire report from the fire department.
- Document all fire damage by taking pictures and making detailed notes.
- Collect any valuable belongings to keep them safe during the fire damage cleaning process.
- Notify your local police department that your home will be vacant.
- Contact your children’s school and let them know your family has been through a home fire.
- Call the post office and ask them to hold or forward your mail.
How Can Zona Help
It can be overwhelming to take care of all of these items on your own. Zona Restoration has the experience and compassion to relieve some of the burdens for you. Here’s how we can help:
- We conduct a complete damage assessment, documenting all damage with photos and detailed notes.
- Our team can secure all your household and personal belongings so they will not be damaged during the fire damage restoration.
- We can also contact the insurance company on your behalf, as we are well-versed in fire insurance policies.
Your Safety is Our #1 Goal
At Zona, we do our best to keep your family safe and restore your home to its like-new condition. Contact us at (480) 656-3999 to request an estimate. We also provide asbestos abatement and removal, duct cleaning, and general remodeling services in Chandler and all nearby communities.
“House Fire Checklist.” Web article. Rainbow International Restoration. Rainbow International, LLC. 01 Jun. 2020.